At YCNC we’re proud of the results we achieve with our community, but we know that there is always more that could be achieved, and that’s where you come in.
As part of our local community, you are in a great position to see and understand some of the challenges facing our youth, and the importance of giving young people the best possible start in life to keep our community safe, healthy, and sustainable into the future.
Supporting young people, not only makes moral sense, but it has real outcomes. Preventing young people becoming homelessness. Helping young people to participate and be part of the community.
It also makes economic sense when you take into consideration the reduced impacts on the health, justice, homelessness systems.
Some of the most critical issues amongst young people in our community can be turned around with your support, providing:
- For young people who are homeless: emergency food parcels, linen, groceries, living skills programs, clothing and support to transition to independent living and annual Christmas presents.
- For young people who are at risk of disengaging from school: skills development programs that enhance their personal and social skills, improve attention, self esteem and confidence through physical activity, interactive group work and team programs.
- For young people who have disengaged from school and work: fun, engaging accredited training programs.
- Infrastructure to support young people – transport, computers, new white goods, household furniture, educational material and high school text books.
- Activities and programs that build capacity, skills, connectedness and resourcefulness of young people: Creative Industries, Equine assisted psychotherapy, hip hop dance comps, youth camps, sports and recreation programs.
Many people are very busy with jobs, family and just keeping up with their own lives. Volunteering isn’t for everyone, so donating is a simple and easy way to give something extra to support young people in our community.
YCNC is a registered deductible gift recipient (DGR), which means that all donations are tax deductible. You will receive a tax receipt, a mention on our website, and the good wishes of over 3000 young people!